After an accidental week-long blog hiatus, I am back and ready to move on to week 6 of the Completing Him Challenge.
This week:Make your husband a priority. Ask him what his favorite dinner, dessert and drink are. Be sure to serve him all three one night this week. Bonus: cook his favorite dishes all week long!
Well, I am going to take up this challenge this week and I decided last minute to have a spontaneous Husband's Day!
When Awesome got home from work there was a printed tag that said:
"Surprise! Today is Husband's Day! Today you do not have to do any house work, will have one of your favourite meals prepared for you and will have complete control of the remote and your activities! I just want to celebrate you! With love, Your Wife"
He thought it was fantastic! I have decided to do each part of the meal (dinner, drink and dessert) separately across the week as we have a bit of a busy one and I thought it might be fun.
I started tonight with one of Awesome's favourites: Mini-Sausage Rolls!
Here is the recipe:
8 Beef Sausages
2 Sheets Frozen Puff Pastry, thawed
1 Egg Lightly Beaten
Sesame Seeds to sprinkle for the “gourmet look”
Tomato Sauce to Serve
1. Preheat oven to 220◦C. Line baking tray with non-stick paper.
2. Cut each pastry sheet into quarters.
3. Please sausage in centre of each square. Bring one side over to enclose sausage. Brush opposite side with egg and bring over to completely enclose sausage. Place seam side down on tray.
4. Brush tops with eggs and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden.
They are not quite as good as his Mum's but they do the trick!