Saturday, January 14, 2012

Declutterthon




Tied Black Rubbish Bag Isolated On White Background It was going to be 5minute blocks to sort a pile of papers to try and find my marriage certificate (I know, I know).  It turned into a 4 hour Declutterthon.

The rollerblades are gone. Ok, well they are going. Have taken photos for ebay etc etc. Also going is the dehydrator (yes, at some stage I thought that that was a good idea) and some PC games of Awesome's that he no longer wants. A big stack of craft stuff is going too.
An entire drawer in the filing cabinet is empty and all the remaining files are resorted. And its all thanks to the $19 Paper Shredder that I picked up from Kmart this afternoon. 

I didn't mean it to go on so long, but once I had the bug, I couldn't stop! Each area that I cleaned made the area next to it look like it needed a little work...

In the end I managed to cross a large number of jobs off the list that I hadn't actually put on the list yet...

... and I still didn't find the marriage certificate.

Ever taken on a job and had it turn into something else entirely? 

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm I'm hoping my mum has my marriage certificate as I'm not entire sure where it would be otherwise... oops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah its a pain for work as its the only proof I have that I changed my name (for certifications etc) I have the decorative one, but not the one that I paid like... $$50 or something for - the official births, deaths, marriages one :( grrrr... really don't want to pay for it again..!

    ReplyDelete