I'm halfway to my goal weight and still have work to do, but here is what is working:
- Don't keep junk in the house. At all. Box it up and give it away, its easier not having it around, distracting you.
- Change your driving route, park on the other side of the road, catch the bus - do whatever it takes to make sure you no longer just nip into McD's on the way home for a hamburger and fries.
- Bring a plate. Offer to bring a plate of food to the party or BBQ, - make it the yummiest, favourite-est, most moorish healthy food you love. Then just eat what you brought. Chances are everyone else will want the chips and dip anyway.
- Do the workout. Don't ditch it. Don't postpone it. You will feel good once you start and better when you finish. Start, then continue.
- Download some great motivation music for your workouts, house cleaning and shopping. Listen to your ipod at the supermarket and you can drown out the annoying ads and music and focus on your pre-prepared-I'm-only-buying-what's-on-this-list-list.
You CAN do this. (hmmm this is as much for me as for you!)