Back in January I decided to read 30 excellent books in 2010. The point was to stretch my mind and spend time focussed on things that would pull me forward, majorly in the areas of Christian living and spiritual discipline. Its time to review the list and see how I'm doing!
I originally only chose 21 books so that I was open to reading other books that crossed my path throughout the year. It seems that so far I have read more "other" books than those on the original list!
My 2010 30 Excellent Books List (in no particular order)
- Disciplines of a Godly Woman by Barbara Hughes
- A Call to Spiritual Reformation by D.A Carson
- According to Plan by Graeme Goldsworthy
- From Clutter To Clarity by Nancy Twigg
- The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace
- The Lion Handbook to the Bible by David and Pat Alexander
- The Love Dare by Stephen and Alex Kendrick
- Feminine Appeal by Carolyn Mahaney
Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartin
- Power of Praying Through the Bible by Stormie Omartin
- The Plight of Man and The Power of God by Martin Lloyd-Jones
- How Should We Then Live by Frances A. Schaeffer
Guidance and the Voice of God by Phillip D. Jensen and Tony Payne
- Knowing God by J.I. Packer
- Knowledge of the Holy by A.W Tozer
- The Pursuit of God by A.W.Tozer
- Commentary on Romans by Martin Luther
- My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers
- The Cross by Martyn Lloyd-Jones
- Spiritual Blessing by Martyn Lloyd-Jones
- Hind's Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard
Sheet Music by Dr. Kevin Leman The Birth Order Book by Dr. Kevin Leman How Women Help Men Find God by David Morrow
- Finding God by Larry Crabb
- Home Court Advantage by Dr. Kevin Leman
- Hungry for God by John Piper
Some of the reason for my slowness has been the difficulty of finding the books I originally set out to read - most of these were recommendations so I didn't actually own them (note to self: next year I will pick all the books on my shelf I haven't read yet!). I also have had a number of work related books to read this year which have devoured some of my time and energy. I currently have about 4 of these books on the go (I have a very distractable personality so I like to have different options at anyone time!!) and I intend to blog about several of these that I have recently finished reading also.
I thought it was probably also time to have a quick reflect on the goals I set for 2010.