Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Opposites Attract


I am married to my opposite. 


He is a night owl, I am a morning person. 


He loves indoor activities and hates the beach. I love being near the water and being outside. 


He likes margarine. I like butter. 


Can it work?


We we got engaged, I wasn't sure it could work. Lots of people weren't. Lots of people told me that marrying your opposite was hard. It wasn't for the feint-hearted. [they were worried I was feint-hearted]. 


They were right. Sort of. 


It has been hard, its not for the feint-hearted. Turns out I'm not feint-hearted :) 


Over the next few days I want to explore some of the rubber-hits-the-road aspects of being married to your opposite. For the good and the bad, there are lessons to be learned!


As the father in My Big Fat Greek Wedding so eloquently puts it.  "You have apples, and you have oranges, but in the end, we are all fruits" 

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I are opposite in many ways . . . we are on year 34. You can do it. :). It will be fun to hear your thoughts on this.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete