Sunday, June 6, 2010

Welcome Visitors

In the middle of 3 weeks of almost solid rain (a rarity in our drought-stricken country in recent years), Stu and I had a visit from some very unexpected visitors.

On the veranda railing I heard a bird and saw a beautiful Rainbow Lorikeet - seconds later it hopped on to our security door - and stayed there. 


Years ago when I was little I remember visiting a family friend who hand fed lorikeets with bread soaked in warm water and a little honey, so I quietly slipped into the kitchen and made some while Stu not so quietly reminded me that he DOES NOT like birds and that we would not be letting it in the house under any circumstances. 


The Lorikeet stayed on the door as I quietly slid it open, and took the plate out, then it flitted down to see what I had brought, while I grabbed the camera. Then it excitedly called its mate and together they shared their meal out of the rain. 




26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?


Wishing you a wonderful weekend 

No comments:

Post a Comment